Monday, May 26, 2014

The Genius of Chris McVeigh

One of the things I love about the Adult Lego community is the camaraderie and generosity. I've mentioned and posted photos of Chris McVeigh's designs in the past but I wanted to devote some more time to one of my favorite Lego builders.

Chris has put together a number of instructions which he's made freely available on his website. And if you don't happen to have all of the parts on hand, you can buy the kits from his store. For someone like me, who can only build square buildings, instructions are absolutely necessary.

The following photos are from Chris' Flickr stream - not only are his designs impeccable, he's a gifted photographer!

One of my favorite lines is his series on retro technology. It appeals on so many levels: childhood memories, great design and the sheer "ohmygod, how cuuuute!!" factor. You had me at hello.



Remember these cameras?! Waiting for the image to appear right before your eyes - it was magic at the time.



This is part of his Brick Sketch series. Little portraits of Superheroes, Sci-fi characters, Holiday favorites etc. R2D2 is my favorite.



See what I mean about his photography skills? Eerie and beautiful! The lights in the window are outstanding.



Hilarious and adorable. You just can't go wrong with Star Wars Lego.



Take a minute to browse though his Flickr stream - guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment