Sunday, March 03, 2013

An Unexpected Guest

Until recently, I have not been a huge fan of the Lego LOTR sets. They're a bit too piecemeal and disjointed for my liking. Helm's Deep is one exception but even there, it should have been grander.

And then I saw The Hobbit's offerings in the form of Bag End and I was hopeful.

Normally, it takes me a few days to finish any set; I get distracted easily. But this was so charming, it only took a few hours. It's Lego meets Tolkien dollhouse and the only thing preventing it from being absolutely perfect is that it's only one room. Need more!

I wish I had taken more photos but the boy wanted to build it too so I took it apart. But not before someone popped in for some pie.

  An unexpected guest.

2 comments:

  1. Frickin Batman... always photo bombing and trying to get free pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog while looking for minifig display ideas...and I've disappeared down the rabbit hole.

    I love it, all of it, every post. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete