Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just A Number

It started 2 years ago, shortly after I turned 39 ...the sharp realization that 40 and the other numbers were just around the corner.

In the past, I've never really looked forward to or dreaded any particular birthday milestone (well, except for being able to drink legally, of course). But 40 was hard, very, very hard. And this last one, a few weeks ago, wasn't any easier so I didn't mention it.

In fact, the last few birthdays have been very quiet, under the radar affairs, spent with just my boy. Nothing I wanted to really celebrate or acknowledge.

But I realized this week, admist my moaning, that there are so many things to be thankful for - life, love, family, friends... So instead of looking back at all the years and memories behind me, I'm going to look forward to all the things I have yet to experience.

And maybe stop cutting my own bangs. Or am I just too old to learn that lesson?

2 comments:

  1. Not to mention you got a kitten for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, last year you got me a car. Hmmm. You're on a roll, hon.

      Delete