Sunday, March 04, 2012

Chaos and Calm

Where have I been lately?

Well, coupled with long 10-12 hour work days (and the occasional weekend) and Star Wars: The Old Republic, I haven't had much time for anything. Even Lego!

I knew it was dangerous getting involved in another MMO - they have a tendency to become addictive. But in my defense, it's ummm...well... Star Wars! While it has sucked up most of my waking hours at home, there's been a strange positive financial impact: we're no longer buying Lego by the pallet.

Unfortunately, that's the only benefit since everything else is being sorely neglected. Here I am, keeping it real. Last weekend, the kitchen and family room looked like this:

Chaos

And yes, this is just from the two of us, two full-grown adults who should know better. You'd think we'd have an easier time. But things have a tendency of piling up - paperwork for taxes, another 35 lb purchase of Lego from Craigslist to be washed and sorted, laundry etc. You know the drill.

Sure, it's easy in theory if you're disciplined and not easily distracted by red light sabers (as an aside, my respect and admiration for parents just increased tenfold) but those are not my strong suits.

I dreaded coming into this room. This weekend, in between playing SWTOR (some enjoyment is necessary, after all), we got this done.

Calm

Ahh. Much better. When it's that messy, I can't even think straight.

I don't know if I should post photos of the dining room aka the Lego clearing warehouse. It's just a tad too embarrassing, plus we haven't finished tackling it yet. As James says, "one room at a time".

Oh, I did manage to squeeze in a little bit of time to work on some Lego projects. Here's a sneak peek - this special guy has a new home. "Hello, Chrome Stormtrooper, you sexy, shiny beast!"

Chromie

I'll be updating photos of that project in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. And we're getting a housekeeper! Yay for Dinks!

    ReplyDelete