Friday, January 27, 2012

Goodbye Cowkitty

Even when you know and you try to prepare, it's still surprising how sad and awful it is. TJ was with James for over 18 years - his little, white shadow. And he's been my favorite furry friend for more than a decade.

The best of cats. Friendly, smart, curious and patient. He came when you called him, was always gentle and kind and so very loving and affectionate. I love this photo - taken years ago when he was healthy and in his prime.

He looks lost in thought.

TJ

Or curled up in a pile of blankets.

TJ Sleeping

And even when we saddled him with a needy, crazy little kitten, he was calmly accepting.

TJ and Lucy

But he was happiest when he was with his favorite human. Just relaxing and enjoying the moment. It doesn't get any better than that.

TJ and his favorite human

You were a good kitty. We miss you so much.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan. It's been a very quiet and sad house this weekend.

      Delete
  2. He was my little friend-of-friends. I'm lucky to have had such a wonderful, little buddy for so many years. Rest in peace, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh...I am so sorry to hear about your furry loved one. 18 years is a long kitty life; you and he were all blessed to be with one another for so long.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Miss Kitty, we are tremendously grateful that we had 18 wonderful years.

      It's just impossible to think about him without missing him terribly.

      Delete