Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

It was an amazing, challenging, life-changing year.

After working for a non profit for several years, I started the year on a sabbatical...trying to figure out what I wanted to do, where I wanted to go. And then James got the opportunity to telecommute and work from home. Side by side 24/7? Is there a thing as too much togetherness?

Apparently not because we loved it!

And we decided to completely revamp how we eat and exercise, cancelled our gaming accounts and finally went out to see what this beautiful state had to offer.

Punchbowl Falls at Eagle Creek

Breathtaking.

Admittedly, we fell off the healthy living wagon for a while with the Holidays and all but we're committed once again. Sorry, Tony H, we're back!

We also went a little overboard on our hobby/obsession - LEGO - tripling our collection which required a dedicated room...

LEGO Room

And my most viewed blog post of the year (or all time, really) came about from helping out a friend with a design concept for her new store - a penny countertop.

Penny Countertop: with resin coating

Then there was Lucy.

Shy little Lucy.

Living with a kitten has been a mixed bag - some wonderful moments and some incredibly exasperating moments. But how can you see that little face and not fall in love? She is so obviously smitten with Daddy, curling up next to him, playing fetch and following him from room to room. Can't blame her though - he is pretty irresistible.

And I turned 40.

No parties, I said. Something about this milestone was so hard to swallow, I didn't want to celebrate it. So, James just bought me this...

2011 Infiniti G37X Coupe

Which made it a bit easier to handle.

I ended the year with a new job in a new field. A little daunting, somewhat overwhelming but I love a challenge. With it, came the opportunity to work with people I both liked and respected! It's been a long time coming.

Thank you 2011 for one of the best years of my life. And throughout it all, I had the fortune to share it with my best friend - who makes me smile and laugh and thinks I look at him with rose colored love goggles. But honestly, what's not to love?

James

Handsome and funny. The perfect combination.

1 comment:

  1. 2011 was awesome! Spent a lot of time hiking for the first time in a long while, and I got my favorite girl to go with me! A new kitten captured my heart and nice start on increasing our Lego collection.

    Also finding out that being around each other 24/7 is not a test of our love and happens quite easily is a very good thing...

    ReplyDelete