Monday, May 16, 2011

84 Days

84 days ago, the boy and I decided to change our lives. We'd been playing online games for years (well, a decade, actually), eating fast food/take out and living fairly sedentary lives. We behaved like kids whose parents were on vacation and it showed.

So, we woke up one morning in late February and threw out all the crap in the house and decided to start working out - hard. And things snowballed from there.

I learned how to cook from scratch with proper portions. And healthy. And organic. And low sodium.

From a just a mere 30 minute workout in the beginning to an hour of cardio and an hour of P90X per DAY almost 3 months later. Coupled with 4-6 hour hikes on the weekend. And the big, white whale itself - finally running for the first time in my life.

Last weekend, while we were hiking up a steep, sharp trail, we grabbed the safety chain and nervously laughed, "This is so much better than World of Warcraft". And you know, it really was.

Punchbowl Falls at Eagle Creek
Punchbowl Falls in Eagle Creek.



Who are we?

I don't know but I think I like them...

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... these hikes might be better with gnomes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toki! I have a blog now too!

    -Miza

    ReplyDelete