Monday, April 19, 2010

Simple As Point And...

Since James bought me my first DSLR a few years ago, I've been dabbling in photography. Self-teaching things like f-stop, aperture, lighting etc. I've come to the conclusion that my teacher sucks.

We went to the Japanese Gardens during a glorious, sunny spring day. With my new canon lens in tow, I was confident that amazing photos awaited. But while sunny days may be perfect for a walks through botanical gardens, they make photo taking extremely challenging.

Out of several hundred photos, only a handful were presentable. Even then, over exposure and lighting still played a role. Photography also takes a lot of patience (which is not my strong point); I waited over 15 minutes for this bridge to clear out and had just a few seconds to shoot.


That tree in the upper middle right was a lovely pale pink, not that washed out white. And yes, I have Adobe Photoshop so I work with the raw images to make modifications. At least they weren't as bright and washed out as our trip to the Chinese Gardens.

And what's a Japanese Garden without koi? These fish were huge with gigantic eyes that freaked me out. I do love how close I can zoom in now.



I think I'm going to take a few classes and stop relying so much on auto focus. Time to fire my current teacher and get someone who knows what they're doing!

One more thing, my new camera bag arrived. I love it but it has one major drawback. Because it's girlie and pretty, James is reluctant to carry it around for me. Hmmm.

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer









No comments:

Post a Comment