Sunday, March 14, 2010

How Many Bags Is Too Many?

I'm not sure when things spun out of control. It started out innocuously with just one laptop bag. But even that wasn’t without problems. My new 15 inch laptop didn’t fit in my Lodis briefcase so, yes, a new bag.

Shortly thereafter, I realized I needed a handbag to hold my phone, wallet, cosmetics etc. All the things that didn’t fit in my briefcase.

Then I started the whole eating healthy kick which became an entire production. Bringing lunch to work involves salad containers, sandwiches, fresh fruit, yogurt, and a 32 oz bottle of water. None of which fill fit in my briefcase or my handbag. Yikes.

And finally, we started working out again in January which necessitated running shoes, towels and an entire change of clothes.

So, this is what I’ve been carrying to work every day for the past few months...


Yup. Ridiculous, I know. I can’t even get through the doors with all these bags on me. The boy just laughs and asks, "really?" I couldn't take it anymore this week and I went on a search to find the ONE BAG.

I needed something durable with a built-in padded laptop sleeve, room for paperwork and room for water bottles, food and other girlie girl things. All compartmentalized and water-resistant and hopefully, not too ugly. Not too demanding, right?! Enter REI.

Brace yourself. It's not black.



The gym bag has to stay but at least I can leave it in the trunk. Everything else fit neatly into my new Keen bag. I might still break out my handbags once in a while but for now this is the new streamlined me.

1 comment:

  1. We'll see whether or not she can navigate corners...

    ReplyDelete