Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Limitations

I have to get braces again. Apparently, the first round of braces (and jaw surgery) was... how shall I phrase this politely... incomplete.

Once again, I have muscle spasms and headaches and in order to align my jaw properly, I need braces. Again. But with an added bonus of a new torture device called roof bars. These metal bars curve against the roof of your mouth and hook onto the back molars. Incredibly invasive and annoying but excellent for catching food and rubbing one's tongue raw.

I have the roof bars in right now and scheduled for the brackets in a few weeks. My current unhappiness/discomfort/anger level is at 9.5.

I just don't think I can do this again.

Update: They're coming off on Monday.

Picture of the roof bar after the jump. Don't worry, it's taken on a model set of teeth and is only marginally icky looking. I think.


3 comments:

  1. I have a small and incomplete idea of what you're going through and I'm so sorry, Cindy. I hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Megan!

    If you want to see what roof bars look like, I posted a picture of them on Facebook. Don't worry though, they're on a model jaw so the grossness factor is mitigated... somewhat.

    But I came to a decision last night - they're all coming off. A lifetime of headaches and muscle spasms is doable.

    Braces and roofbars are not.

    ReplyDelete