Thursday, October 08, 2009

What's Happening?

This morning, as I was sipping my decaf (long story) coffee and reading a community paper, I came across this little tidbit.

"The roller-coaster tracks I installed in my Northeast backyard extend slightly over my neighbor's property. He's asking whether I have permits. Does my neighbor "own" the airspace above his house? What permits is he talking about?" - Somedumbassmofo*

I promptly choked on my coffee. Howzat?! Errrr... Wuh!? What's happening here? The sheer stupidity behind this letter stopped me in my tracks - has still stopped me. Obviously, this man didn't go through the permit process before building his roller-coaster. Obviously, this man has no sense of property laws if he thinks the air above one's house is up for grabs.

Obviously, this man should NOT be building roller coasters in his backyard.

Obviously, we're looking at someone who will be shortly leaving the gene pool.

Tell Darwin I said hello.



*That wasn't really the name he signed the letter with (he actually used his own name and last initial) but I think I was more eloquent.

No comments:

Post a Comment