Monday, July 27, 2009

To A Good Home

I bought this bed back when I was single. Still living in Toronto, rooming with my friend Shelly in our trendy, urban Bloor Street condo.

I remember falling in love with it at first sight. At the time, it was my single most expensive purchase (I think around $1200 or $1500 with the mattress). But it was worth it to have a real bed of my own, one that wasn't a tiny single, that wasn't a futon... just beautiful, comfortable and above all, adult.

Ironically, now it reminds me of fun, carefree days... of youth. Of anticipation.



For the last 10 years, it's been banished to the spare bedroom. And it served there very well for our infrequent overnight visitors. Slowly, our aesthetic changed and though we both still love the sleigh bed design, we favor wood in dark hues.

Since I have the green light to put my studio together, a guest bedroom that sits empty 51 weeks out of the year seems silly. So, I finally bit the bullet and Craigslisted the bed this morning. 3 hours later it was gone. To another house, to another spare bedroom.

I miss it.

3 comments:

  1. I love that bed! Sigh, I guess I'll be banished to a hotel, should be ever come down and visit again. Oh wait, no bed, so I guess no visitors. Sigh.

    I love the new color on the family room, and I really like the blue curtains.

    I think our faucet is the older version of the one you got, and I LOVE it!!! It's easy to use, and it's not so trendy that it will be out of style (and therefore date your kitchen) within a couple of years, yet still sophisticated. As always, you have excellent taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be getting a sleeper sofa or a daybed for the other spare room/library but it probably won't sleep you and Eric comfortably.

    You'll have to ditch him the next time you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll even bring you cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete