Friday, April 03, 2009

A Library Card

Is a thing of beauty, really. Not counting school cards and University IDs, I haven't had a real library card since I was 14 or so. I remember during summer vacations, I would bike down to the local library in Edmonton and spend hours reading. I loved that library. Loved it.

But as I grew older, libraries became places I was forced to go for research materials or a quiet place to study. As for books, a quick trip to Borders or even faster trip to Amazon took care of my recreational reading requirements. Slowly, the boy and I acquired a small library of our own with shelves and shelves of books. Until the great purge of 2008. Too many books, too many shelves, too much clutter.

So we drifted through the last year or so without buying new books. Until I couldn't stand it anymore and walked into the local library and came out with...



Ahhhh. The blessed, blessed joy of reading. How I have missed it. We went a little overboard and brought home over a dozen books, including some I haven't read since I was 14.

And you know what's better than a good book? Reading it next to a sleeping kitty.

1 comment:

  1. I normally hate cats, but...awwwwww...that's cute!

    ReplyDelete