Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'd Like Some Vodka

With that ice, please. The problem with mostly temperate places that experience the odd snowfall is freezing rain. And lots of it. Sunday, we woke up to a thin layer of ice - sparkly, pretty and fucking slippery. And so the great IceStorm/Arctic Blast/Cabin Fever/Snowbound event of 2008 continues.

There are thousands of mini ice sculptures in my backyard... like these ice leaves.



The obligatory shot of ice-covered branches.



Yes, it's gorgeous here right now. But sometime yesterday morning, I became a bit concerned about our food supplies. Since the boy has been snowed in for the last week and a half, he's been steadily eating everything in sight. And not knowing this would continue for 10+ days, our food stocks dipped dangerously low.

Enter friends with 4 wheel drive and snow tires! Hurrah. The cavalry drove me to the grocery store where I proceeded to spend $200 on food. Hey, know your audience.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see... that should let me eat about $50 a day...

    ReplyDelete