Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I Didn't Vote

So, some stuff has been going on here, in this country that I've been squatting. A little thing they call an election.

[ed. As a general rule of thumb, I avoid blogging about politics, religion etc simply because I find such topics extremely polarizing and it's near impossible to take eye-catching or cutesy photographs to illustrate my point... like the amazing Christmas cards I'm hand-crafting this year. Ooh pictures to follow later this week.]

But I'm breaking my own rule with this post. I've watched this process with the same clinical, semi-detached interest as always partly because 1) I'm not allowed to vote (I can pay taxes ... yay!! but not vote) and 2) I'm fairly moderate. But change is good and the one thing I am excited about is that in a few more months, I will never be forced to take "W" seriously again. Fool me once.

And see, no fricking pictures. What did I tell you?

7 comments:

  1. This post needs more boob shots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were a citizen, Toki. Apparently I'm misremembering something. I'm working on my Christmas cards, too, but I'm not happy with the way they're shaping up. I need some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan ~ I'm going to send you some pics of my cards. I usually play around with 3-4 designs before choosing 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was channeling your dear husband while I read this post: my thought was if you were to take a picture of yourself in an American flag bikini, it would add a cute picture to the post. Fizzie: out of my head! I like your wife, but I don't swing that way! Maybe a shot of Fizzie in an American flag bikini...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know Lirri, once you try a Toki there's no going back...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: A certain person.

    She had better not. The matter is resolved, stirring up trouble would only do just that - stir up trouble.

    ReplyDelete