Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Joneses

This is the view into my neighbor's property from my backyard. Pretty pink tree, no?



When we first moved in, we realized right away that we had to plant as many fast-growing, view-obscuring trees as possible. Because of the 5 non-working pick-up trucks scattered throughout their yard, eventually becoming a stand-alone ecosystem. Because of the tons of junk, lumber, and other construction debris piled high into the sky. Because of their motion-sensor, fog-piercing, blinding porch lighting. For a variety of reasons.

Yes, we are snobs.

Anyways, joy of joy, we saw a "For Sale" sign listed a few weeks ago and slowly, the trucks and junk were hauled away. This will definitely mean construction since their lot is very long (perpendicular to our lot, it stretches the length of 10 homes) and no individual buyer would be interested. But I can live with that. As long as the new neighbors don't subscribe to the cinder block method of parking their vehicles.

As an aside. The other day, for some strange reason I decided (for the first time since I was 14) to dry shave my legs. Odd decision. I distinctly remember it stinging like hell the first time I did it. Now I have razor burns all over my legs. The boy was less than impressed.

10 comments:

  1. I think that pink tree is actually a bush growing on top of one of their derelict cart. Kind of like sinking a ship so that it can be turned into a aquatic nature preserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah, I called the boy to tell him to read my comment. He was all "meh".

    James, you wouldn't know witty reparté if it licked you in your balls. Also, you're still jealous about the best pun ever.

    I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it. I'm cutting off your "during the day" tv watching privileges. Obviously you're spending too much time watchin Jerry Springer, Janice Dickenson Modeling Agency and some shows on MTV.

    You need to get out and converse with smart people again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my counselors at summer camp used to shave her legs outdoors using lotion. She said that she felt bad taking a long time to shave in the showers when there was almost always a line to get in.

    Also, I totally approve of the pun, Toki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can Dere-lick my own balls, thank you very much.

    Steal more comments from Zoolander!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dry shaving sounds painful! Shaving with lotion dulls the blades horribly, forcing you to change them every time you shave, if not with each leg (been there, done that in Fairbanks, on the hopes of adding moisture to my skin).

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Truth. It's a monument of a giant pink haired gnome placed there to appease you.

    ..just think, you've been missing that connection all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merri ~ I am programmed to kill gnomes now.

    Well, after I squeal in delight and coo at them.

    ReplyDelete