Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jar Of Randomness

Have you been watching the 2008 Olympics? To be honest, I wasn't particuarly interested one way or the other. Which is odd considering that I used to be transfixed when I was growing up - the agony and the ecstasy. Not so much now.

Perhaps it has something to do with my misplaced sense of national loyalty. Korean by birth, Canadian by citizenship and now a long-time US resident. Who does one cheer for?

Then I sat down, watched some swimming and was hooked.

Does it matter who wins? Not really. Now it's just appreciation for bodies honed to the point of perfection, under the burden of unenviable pressure. You have to admire that regardless of what country you're from.

Heard a cover of an old favorite and loved it. Running up that hill. The video is morbid though - emo much?

Yesterday, some kids made a lemonade stand at the corner of my street. A lemonade stand. It was very well done with a table, chairs and an umbrella to shade the entrepreneurs.

Can you believe that summer is almost over? Where is it all going?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, did you buy any lemonade? I want some, buy me some and mail it to me, yay!

    Yeah, this summer has gone quicker than I'm used to, not sure if it's my ooollllddd age now or just I didn't do much of anything special for it, tough call.

    Did you send me that lemonade yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving. Packing. Unpacking. Disciplining kids. Oh, and dealing with my mother; that's where the summer has gone! :) It's been chaotic around here, and I'm hoping to find my camera (it's currently AWOL) so that I can show off pictures of the new house. Bah. Moving sucks!!! But I love the new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Placebo! Toki, you're such a goth.

    Man, I haven't heard them since high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found something for you, Toki:
    http://inventorspot.com/articles/cute_rabbit_trash_bag_its_white_go_green_17397

    ReplyDelete