Sunday, June 08, 2008

Portland Chinese Garden

It's been chilly here for the last few weeks (mid to low 50sºF) but I refuse to turn the heat on - come on, it's JUNE! Naturally, I caught a cold.

But the sun was out today and I was feeling a bit better, so off we went to the Portland Chinese Garden. Hidden behind tall white walls, it's hard to believe this place exists right smack in the middle of downtown. The garden meanders over a large pool, connected by bridges and walkways ... you can hear the faint, lilting sounds of traditional chinese music.

This place is a haven for would-be photographers. Everyone had a huge DSLR. I'm still struggling with the concept of light - what's too much, what's too little. The afternoon sun is definitely too much. Oh well. It was still pretty.

Then we got donuts.

4 comments:

  1. My air conditioner is out, so I'm sort of on the other end of the spectrum. It's hot here, and I can't cool it down.

    At least until I get this thing fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More donuts? Isn't national donut day over? Or is it a weeklong event for fizzie?

    Gorgeous pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's beautiful! We've been rejoicing at the warm mid-50 degree weather! Wanna come up and visit?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day is National Donut Day in my book!

    The garden was overpriced for the size, but it got me access to donuts, so it was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete