Thursday, June 12, 2008

5 Long Days

Today was my last Ortho visit before the braces come off. So naturally, they made it as annoying and inconvenient as possible.

My mouth is banded shut again - just like it was post-surgery. What this is supposed to accomplish in the next 5 days, I'm not sure. I think it's an inside practical joke. "Sure! What the hell!" I said. After all, when you've suffered through parts of your jaw being cut and re-attached to your skull, this is a walk in the park.

Also, my new computer arrived. The boy put it together last night, periodically asking me to check out how "awesome" the motherboard was and how "sexy" the RAM looked. Ummm.. Okay. I don't think he was pleased with my reactions.

All that's left is to load the operating system (and a million drivers and all the software). He suggested I take a stab at it... and I was game until he said, "If you hear a sharp, high-pitched noise when you turn it on, it's the fan so you might want to---." I cut him off.

4 comments:

  1. Ya know, I don't understand why guys think computer hardware is sexy. It's just a bunch of metal, wires, and plastic. Then again, if that's what turns you on.... Q says the same things to me, and I give similar responses. "Yep, they're computer parts! I sure do appreciate you making my computer better, and I'll tell you they're sexy if that makes you work faster." I get funny looks with that last part....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lirri ~ I think he was enamored of the copper tubie thingies on the new Asus motherboard.

    I was like, "Ooh copper... hey, I think see computer technician crack!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That's hilarious!!

    Oh, and think of all the caramel you can soon eat! Popcorn! Caramel apples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she is now going to be responsible for putting her own computer together from now on...

    2 evenings for a computer build is pretty good consider I was working for my job for half of it.

    I better get some donuts out of this!

    ReplyDelete