Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Light

Every month for the past 6 months, I've walked into my orthodontist's office and said, "Okay, you're taking these braces off NOW!" Only to be persuaded to keep them on for another month or two. "After all," he'd say, "You've come this far, what's another few weeks?"

But not today. Today, when I made my familar demand, he only hemmmed and hawwed for a bit. "Okay, we'll take them off next month." Hurrah!! Yay!! Yipeee. June 17th. Almost 2 years from the date this torture all started.

When I started down this path, I was sold a false bill of goods. 12 months, 16 months top, I was promised, including surgery time. What a load of crock.

If you were to ask me if this was all worth it, I'm not sure what the answer would be. The surgery was insane. Ten times more invasive, painful and frustrating than I thought it would be. I don't know how I got through that - just thinking about it now makes me wince.

First thing I'm going to do when the braces come off ... eat a big old spinach salad in public.

~~~. ~~~.~~~. ~~~.~~~. ~~~.~~~. ~~~.~~~. ~~~.~~~. ~~~.~~~. ~~~.~~~. ~~~.~~~. ~~~.~~~

Now for something fluffy and silly. I am SOOOOO all over the upcoming Sex and the City movie. I loved this show when it was on HBO and still miss it. Not enough to go on any New York SATC tours (WTF?) but enough to watch it opening weekend.

Also, I don't care what everyone else says. SJP's hat is weird, theatrical and completely over the top.

In other words... perfect.

11 comments:

  1. Hooray for your ordeal being over soon! My next periodontist appointment isn't until July, but I'm hoping I'll get my permanent crown by August. Until then, no eating in public for Neidren. :(

    Anyway, any thoughts of coming down here for BlizzCon this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the braces.

    I'm definitely going to the Sex and the City midnight showing on opening night. I've been recruited. You should fly down here and come with us, it'll be great and completely practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neidren ~ Hang in there. August is a hop, skip and a jump away.

    Neidren and G ~ No trips to Blizcon or where ever you live, G (even to watch SATC). I'm saving up for some Legos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The braces are coming off? Excellent.... I know what's getting tossed after that salad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a soon to be ended ordeal! Think of all the hard candy, chewy candy, and popcorn you can start eating! I have a great caramel recipe if you're up for making it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nubbers...you are one sick boy!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay.

    So. I educated the boy on what "toss the salad" really means. He thought it was a handjob.

    Umm... Not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These comments need to be translated for Toki's mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm....I'm gonna pass on translating this stuff to mom! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it got a little humid in the theatre the other night as Annie watched the Sex and the City trailer. She screamed Cindy & I sooooooo have to go SEE that!

    ReplyDelete