Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Spring Day

I think James has caught some of my Spring fever. For the last few weeks, we've been steadily emptying the bookshelves and selling off our books at Powell's. I didn't realize how difficult this would be. The logical side argued that we'll never read these books again and they're just a waste of space.

But the book-lover in both of us kept saying, "But... but... they're my books!" It also pained me to see the book depreciation - hardcovers in perfect condition originally bought for $35.00 now command a dollar... a whole dollar.

Later, the boy took my slightly grumpy self for a scenic drive. It really does look like this on every corner. This place is disgustingly green and bursting with flowers.




We also dropped by Voodoo donuts but alas, they all got consumed before I was able to take a photo. I turned around for a moment to put my seatbelt on and poof! they vanished.

4 comments:

  1. That is not true! I still have 2 of 3 donuts left. Speaking of which... *runs off downstairs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am unable to enjoy the beauty of Spring or tasty donuts because I'M STILL NOT ALLOWED TO GET A HEDGEHOG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weather is offensive to those of us living in harsh climates!

    ReplyDelete