Monday, March 17, 2008

Going Green, Not Greed

Now, I'm not Irish but any holiday featuring tiny, prancing men and rainbows is good in my book. Despite my all-black wardrobe, there's to be no pinching here. I'm wearing my green on my blog. It counts!

And while we're speaking of green and pots of gold, hold onto your hats and 401K's. It's going to be a bumpy ride this week if you've been following the investment community. As a general rule, I try not to bring too much serious realism in my posts but this whole Bear Stearns/JPMorgan thing is huge.

HUGE.

I just want to say... whoever thought it was a good idea to give loans to people with no/bad credit, no downpayment, and no source of viable incomes should be shot.

Greed - for lack of a better word - is NOT good.
Greed is wrong.
Greed does not work.
Greed, in all its forms - sucks ass.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I agree: greed is bad. I also don't understand why they are being bailed out for making poor investment choices. If the average American were to do that, we wouldn't be helped out! Look at all those people who lost their retirement when the stock market "dipped" in 2000; were they given a nice chunk of money, a tap on the wrist for investing "poorly," and then told they could still retire on time? Nope. They had to postpone retirement by years. I love it when cronies get help, but legitimate companies/people don't get any help. *hops off soapbox*

    ReplyDelete