Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Say Cheese

Feb. 20, 2008. Total Lunar Eclipse. It seemed as though the Gods were on my side tonight and everything in the cosmos came together for a perfect moon watching evening.

It started early, around 6 pm! Yay, no more trying to get up at 4 in the morning.
It was mild outside. Only slighty chilly - perfect sweater weather.
A clear and cloudless sky. In Portland. Of all places. Cloudless.
A super duper camera and a tripod for long exposure shots thanks to my bestest boy!

So, with all these favorable factors in my corner, I grabbed my trusty camera and headed outside.

Hmmm.

It was then that I realized I had not yet gotten to the "how to take good photos in the dark" part of the manual.

Gaaaaaah. But the clock was ticking and you'd be amazed at how fast a giant ball in the sky moves when you're trying to figure out what to do with your most complicated camera in the world ... in the dark.

This is all I was able to get.




*Sigh*. So if you really wanted to see what the red moon looked like, this fellow had slightly better luck.

3 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh! Aaaawwwww! At least you were able to see it! We had cloudy skies and nasty, icy roads (that make standing almost impossible). I'm sure you'll get it down for the next lunar eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused...February 28, 2008 is next week...

    Have you traveled into the future with your camera? Or did the eclipse travel backwards from the future to occur this week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what you're talking about, Q.

    ReplyDelete