Monday, February 04, 2008

Beach, Vacuums And Back To Work

Friday: "Well, I'm off to the beach, honey", and then left the boy alone for a few days. The beach? In February? Hey, it works. Here's a few things I learned:

Always travel with Charlotte. She has everything. Everything. Even stuff you didn't know existed but now realize you can't live without.

8 hours - the time it takes me to design a Valentine's day card.
4 hours - the time it takes Kim to create an entire scrapbook album.
4.5 seconds - the time it takes Charlotte to create a card when I'm too stupefied by an amazingly ridiculous request. [There aren't many occasions where I am rendered completely speechless but that was one of them.]

Too much fun. My face still hurts from laughing so much.

Monday: The boy really, really, really did not wanna go back to work today. Too much DDR, lego and video games stuff left to do. Poor guy. I felt so sad dropping him off this morning, clutching his bag as he slowly marched into a strange building.

Broke my heart.

Back at home, it was time to clean the fruits of 6 weeks of "let's live like frat guys". It's amazing how much dust can accumulate in 6 weeks. Huh. Imagine that.

I recently ripped the hose on my vacuum cleaner. Normally this would mean disaster but Dyson's are built like ... transformers! I pressed 3 buttons and the hose popped out. Neato! The replacement should be here in a few days. Meanwhile, vacuuming will have to wait.

Oddly enough, it's nice to be back to the "grind". I missed my morning swims, having a spotless house and living the life of Martha.

2008 - back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment