Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's What's Inside That Counts

In keeping with Q's introspective blog topic - his was on ethics and killing a fat man named Bob - mine is equally thought-provoking. Well, actually, this is probably more meaningful and interesting because it's about Teddy bears.

Teddy bears and what teddy bears mean to different people.

Some create teddy bears, like my boy. Although, the mini-bear has been about 5 months in the making and the poor dear still only has one foot. Not posting any pictures because I'm still traumatized by what you obscene people wrote months ago. See what that says about you?!

Other people think, "Ah, a stuffed bear. Let's turn it inside it out, sew it back together and see what looks like." Comme Ça...

And still others think that this teddy bear deconstruction is a work of art and will attend gallery showings.

Which really just leaves me with one thought really.... what should I do with that teddy bear collection in my husband's closet?? [ed. no explanation of WHY a gaggle of teddy bears live in his closet will be provided].

It's for ART, my love. Get me my scissors.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, now that you have thought evil thoughts about my teddy bears, they will come out of the closet at night and stare at you while you are sleeping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fizzi had all kinds of comments when I first sent him the link :)

    I was thinking of printing them and hanging them in random places in my house. I think they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one that looks like a disemboweled Matrix refugee.

    But the creature, it's inside out! ... and it exploded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what to say, but that I sure don't think it's very good art! I like my Teddy bears to have their insides INSIDE. Then again, I get grossed out easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly...fizzi's bear has to look at least a little bit better than those.
    So hurry up and finish it...so I can see what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete