Monday, October 22, 2007

Negotiate This!

The vacuum rant yesterday reminded me that I haven't had much to complain about lately. Which is a good thing! Life has been pretty darn amazing now that my crazy work situation and the horrors of incredibly invasive jaw surgery are behind me. So, I've been coasting along on a sea of hobbies, fun times, cooking/baking, redecorating and entertaining.

However, we're currently in the process of repairing and remodeling our master bathroom. And I'm the one interviewing and meeting with potential tilers, plumbers and contractors. What a mess.

The bids are all over the map, fluctuating by thousands and thousands of dollars depending on who you're talking to. Don't even get me started on the guys who brushed things off with "we don't need a permit". Excuse me? Get your shoes back on and peddle your slum building sleeze somewhere else.

Maybe it's because I'm female and these construction types think I won't negotiate or figure out what's the standard rate and discover I'm being gouged for additional 40%? Seriously, for that much extra money, I expect the bathroom to fellate my husband each time he brushes his teeth.

Also, frameless glass shower doors cost over $3000? WTF?!

We're getting an outhouse with a hose.

~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~.~~~



Those crappy tiles and horrible metal-framed shower have got to go!

5 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this fellating bathroom! It's so worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it only when you brush your teeth, or are there other options?

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the sounds of it, you could cover all the stuff in there you don't like with $100 bills and still save money...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will J also be installing a bidet to go along w/his AutoSuck?

    ReplyDelete