Monday, October 15, 2007

The Millennium Falcon

Finished last night! Instead of my usual write up, I've decided to interview the builder.

The Interview:

1. What was your initial reaction when you found out that Lego was releasing the super gigantic version of the Millenium Falcon?

Extreme happiness.
[At this point I stopped and asked him if all of his answers were going to be one or two words long ... which would make for a pretty boring interview.]

2. You must have been rather impatient waiting for it to arrive. How long did you have to wait?

I had to wait 7 months and it was agonizing. About once a week, I would log in and look at the pictures.
[Towards the last week, he would call me at least once a day to ask if it had arrived yet. Drove me crazy.]

3. And what went through your mind when you found out it had arrived?

I was thinking - "hmmm, I wonder if I can leave work early".
[He did leave work early.]

I call this photo: Anticipation.



4. Describe opening the box.

[He directed a snotty glance in my direction before snorting...]
I don't know anything about opening the box. I was wondering if it would be set up the same way as the Imperial Star Destroyer.
[What he doesn't remember is that there was a lot of Ooohing and Ahhhing when all the bags tumbled out.]



5. Describe your organizational system.

Well, I knew that if I left it all in the bags then it would be too hard to find the pieces. It took a lot of time but it was worth it and it was kinda enjoyable in itself.



The ship in progress:



Millennium Falcon: Side View



Millennium Falcon: Front view (can you see Han Solo and Chewy in the cockpit?)

 


6. So, what do you think now that you've finished?

It was fun. Umm. My fingertips are sore. It looks great and was well worth it. I'm kinda sad that it's done - it was 7 months of waiting and 2 and half weeks of building. And now I'm going to have to wait 2 years before the next UCS comes out.

7. How awesome is your wife?

Phenomenally awesome.

7 comments:

  1. That's great!

    I look forward to seeing this model the next time we visit, that's an awesome looking lego.

    Next time we come down we'll know what to bring James as a treat to ensure a proper donut welcome...MORE LEGO!

    Although...I think we've always had a proper donut welcome as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All it needs now is some beautiful flowers to make it really awe inspiring!

    You did a great job, Fizzie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Frowns at Lirri* No flowers! I'm building a donut launching bay on the bottom for your visit, Q.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...it's going to end up being sort of like a Star Wars themed Donut Bong?

    Will we mount it over our head and have it inject the donut? Or does it dispense it more like a giant pez?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent architecture....but whooz idea was it to have 2 males alone in the "cockpit"? Was it...oh I don't know.......Satan!!???

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw a huge lego robot at Disney World that would eat your Millenium Falcon for lunch!

    ReplyDelete