Monday, August 13, 2007

Bucket Of Donuts

Yesterday the boy was promised some donuts but due to some city-wide event, downtown was gridlock. So, he went to bed ... without any of his favorite treats.

And he was a miserable bastard all day today, grumbling about donuts. Enough was enough. When he got home, we went to Voodoo to get him some of his favorite treats. With a bag of donuts in hand, we were about to exit the donut shop when we saw a bucket of donuts for $5.

A bucket of donuts?! Did we buy it? What do you think?

James was chittering with excitement and happiness the whole way home. He was so eager getting out of the car, he dropped the bucket on his foot. The irony was not lost on either of us.


For $5, this bucket was PACKED. And these donuts were probably only 12 hours old. You couldn't even see the bottom.


We started taking the donuts out - to examine our loot - and soon filled a plate.


And another plate...



It seemed this bucket was bottomless. At this point, he might have passed out from sheer joy. After two full plates of donuts, you STILL couldn't see the bottom. Donuts, donuts everywhere.



I ate one and then stole the cocopuffs from another. I expect the boy to pass out in a sugar induced coma in about 30 minutes. When he does, I'm covering him in donuts.



I uploaded this last picture in its original size.

8 comments:

  1. *drools* DOUGHNUTS! Please put them in my mouth. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, there was a stampede at Fizzie's office when people found out about the Bucket O'Donuts.

    They even left their meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Any chance of picking a bucket up for this Saturday?? Q informed me that you two are thinking of coming up to lovely (??) Gig Harbor? That would be great! I'm spending Saturday with my grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousins. Having a sane event Saturday night will be fun to look forward to! I sure do miss Voodoo....

    Congrats on the clean bill of health for your jaw! I hope you're over the biggest hurdle, and it's all easy recovery from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lirri ~ Sorry about this but my back started spasming last night (I blame Karazhan) and it's not getting any better.

    I'm not sure I can handle a 7 hour car trip over a period of 2 days and Fizzienub won't go by himself.

    Rou is going to be in town this weekend so maybe you guys can meet him and his wife for dinner?

    I'll leave you a message at your hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to try to drive up on Saturday. I will be heavily medicated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pain drugs = good
    Back pain = bad
    Playing in WA with Alaskans = very good

    I hope you're feeling up to the drive!! Q said you know where we're staying, so give a call when you get into town. I'm planning on returning (from an extended family visit) around 4-5pm. See you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete