Monday, March 12, 2007

*Cough, Cough* I Am Not A Cylon

Whatever this thing is that's going around, I caught it. Who knows if it was in "Misery", on the plane, at my work or if my beloved husband brought it home from his office. What I do know is that I've spent the last week and a half with a burning sore throat, racking cough and sinus congestion so bad I thought my head was going to explode.

In fact, it was the first time I've ever gone to work and had everyone yell at me to go home.

Yay! Thank you, Seasonal Flu and Cold. I didn't get any time off per se since I did all my work from home, but it was nice to skip the whole commute. Also, tedious meetings go by a lot faster when you can put yourself on mute on the speaker phone and do a bunch of work.

Unsurprisingly, my productivity last week was through the roof. Now that I'm back in the office, I've had 3 meetings and 4 conference calls. It's 1 pm.

------

The boy and I got sucked into the 2nd season of Battlestar Galactica this weekend. We watched all 6 DVDs in a span of 2 days. After our epic couch session, we had gained a few pounds and a headache. I didn't like how they jumped ahead 1 year into the future. I know it was probably necessary for plot development but still, I think it's a cheesy, sellout move.

Anyways, now we need to get caught up on season 3. Hmmm. Wait until the DVD release or try to TiVo them and watch them in chronological order?

Interesting, interesting series.

Though I find myself rather distraught over how much some of the actors have aged. For example, John Heard as the 3rd replacement commander of the Pegasus. Who is John Heard? He's the only significant male actor in the uber chick flick, Beaches.

Richard Hatch - the original Apollo. Oh Apollo, wherefore art thou feathered hair?
Dana Delaney - from China Beach
Lucy Lawless - Xena, Warrior Princess (okay, she doesn't look that much older)

But among those who are still young and hot... this guy is smokin goodness.




Mmmm... Yumm. Look at those lips. Seriously. Hellooooo Helo. I'm all over that.

10 comments:

  1. It may not be the ideal setting to watch them, though you can burn them to dvd once downloaded, but you can download the episodes all here: http://www.eztvefnet.org/

    Very useful site to get tv shows, find episodes you missed or catch up to a show that's already ongoing. Season 3 only has 2 more episodes and then it's another break until probably october again, so you could always wait for the dvd's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My preference is to wait for the DVDs - and then watch it all in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're also waiting for the DVDs, and I'm hating it!! It's a good series (I never watched the first one), and I also appreciate the eye candy involved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... Toki spends a lot of time commenting on the guys' loks. Then asks me who I think the prettiest girl is....

    Well it's definitely not that Korean girl! *wipes drool off chin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, that Helo guy is fucking HAWT.

    Smoking hot. I'd do him in a heartbeat hot.

    Oh, Hi Fizzienub

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can delete any comment you write, Fizzienub.

    Plus, I'll smack your nuts.

    Be very careful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that guy is good looking. He looks computer generated or something. Ew.

    I haven't watched any of Battlestar Galactica, but I think Kend does. He watches things one monitor in computer room while he plays games on another and surfs the web on another. He's such a geek.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever even seen this Helo character, although there is some guy in all the scenes with Sharon *drools*... could that be him?

    Who has time to pay attention to the things they decorate the Sharon scenes with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I point out Helo when he's in the scene, and Q doesn't pay enough attention....

    Neid, you have to watch the series! It's great! Hearing about Kend makes me feel better: Q has been watching Voyager on one screen while playing on the other. Men.

    ReplyDelete