Sunday, December 10, 2006

Reformat - Reinstall

The boy decided to brave the waters and reformatted my computer. It was getting ridiculous - one out of every 3 programs stopped working.

Kudos to my wonderful husband who did most of the work and troubleshooting while I napped on our sofa while watching Trading Places (I love that movie).

Right now, I have only the bare bones installed: Windows XP and WoW.

The rest of the junk like MS Office blah blah will come later.

Things that I didn't backup (on purpose):

1. All of my screenshots from all of my games: WoW, DAoC, BW etc. Nostalgia is all fine and good but damn! those pictures took up like 10 gigs!

2. Spyware. Byebye. I'm going to 5 websites on my new computer and that's it!

3. Outlook mail messages more than a year old. Except for email from the boy back when we were first dating. Because some things are too precious.

Wooo. My computer feels a million pounds lighter!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start the week: a working computer! We all need our hubbies to do the computer work while we do other stuff. It keeps our stress levels much lower!!

    ReplyDelete