Monday, May 22, 2006

Spring Resolutions!

Spring is like New Years – I get weird urges to clean and start fresh!

Time for...

Spring Cleaning. Every year I tell myself I'm gonna go Martha – do a complete rehaul of every drawer, cupboard and closet.

It could happen. Yesterday, I had a labeling and shredding orgy. My little pocket label maker and I spent about 4 hours labeling and sorting a backlog of bills, letters and receipts. And when I mean backlog – I mean backlog – stuff from 2004. Whatever wasn’t filed away was shredded. 5 bags of confetti.

The fact that I’m bored of WoW and CoV/CoH makes me dizzy bodes well for my cleaning extravaganza. Poor James.

And time to …

Start cooking and eating healthy. If you know us at all, you know we don’t cook or eat in. But that’s all going to stop tonight!

Once again, I hope to channel Martha and become a master of simple yet elegant meals that are low in fat but high in taste and nutritional value. :P

And of course, hit the gym. La la~

What do you like to do in Spring?

7 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that this will make good betting fodder for the rest of us...er...just ignore that if you are toki...12 days, $10...nothing to see here...

    Hmm, will the Martha channeling include the jailtime or her supposed sexual deviance and orgies? Lots of rumors about that woman, plus I hear that she's not very nice to her underlings and has very little tolerance for mistakes...wait a second, that sound famil...nevermind, nothing to see here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that Spring makes me want to clean and organize everything! And I even have a new sandbox cover to paint and a sandbox to empty of old sand and replace with new sand! Yeah for projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean backlog – stuff from 2004. Whatever wasn’t filed away was shredded. 5 bags of confetti.
    ----------
    Oh god, I AM SO GUILTY.

    I had near a 2 year backlog of stuff to shred/file before I moved. Bags and bags of stuff got shredded. Now it is piling up in a wash basket again =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, will the Martha channeling include the jailtime or her supposed sexual deviance and orgies
    ------
    I am feeling ill. Toki post your paper cut again, I think I need to be sick :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. In springtime, when the cleaning frenzy hits, I like to spend my time trying to hide from Lirri.

    This can be a difficult task, as I tend to always hide in the same room and same chair and we have a small house.

    Perhaps I should spend my spring setting up several redundant and secret computer rooms. The crawlspace might be good, but I'd need some dust filters...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Liri! Absolutely, clean the entire house!

    Make sure you involve Q in every aspect. If at all possible, try to engage him every 10 minutes or so with a smallish task that lasts for 20-30 minutes.

    He will appreciate the brevity and variety of the tasks.

    Also, it would be assign the majority of the chores during "prime time".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merri ~ The good/bad news about backlogs of envelopes yet to be opened...

    Checks!

    I deposited about $700 worth yesterday!

    Whee!

    ReplyDelete