Thursday, April 27, 2006

Going. Insane

Too. Much. Work.

I've been at work since 6:30 am - it's past 5 pm now. I've had a grand total of 6 meetings, including a presentation for our company during our quarterly employee luncheon. For that, I was given approximately a 5 seconds heads up that I'd be presenting.

CEO: Did you want to come up here and brief everyone on your division's accomplishments this quarter?

Me: *mouth full of cake*. Oh. Sure, if you'd like me to.

Various unhelpful co-workers: Yeah! Make her talk.

It was one of those - do I have spinach in my teeth? I forgot to touch up my make up, my shirt is all wrinkled - moments. That, and I didn't know what was on the powerpoint slides since my boss made some last minute changes to the presentation. He was off-site at another meeting. Lucky me.

By the way, I hate public speaking. It's right up there with having my eyes ripped out of my sockets. I have been known to vomit prior to a speaking engagement in front of a large audience.

3 comments:

  1. Vomit in front of the audience, on the audience, or before the audience?

    I like the vomit on the audience option personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vomited in the bathroom, in private prior to going up and speaking. It was mostly bile since I wasn't able to eat anything that morning due to nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you didn't have time to get worried! :)

    ReplyDelete